The Government Leadership Councils (CLC) recent decision to award single logo status to CSCS in line with the Government strategy for Construction for a single logo card that schemes can work to. The NPORS Construction Operators Card, will now be issued in line with the requirements stipulated by the CLC and will display the CSCS logo.
How does this affect me ???
- I have a current NPORS Card and want to apply for a NPORS/CSCS Construction Card
- You can apply for a NPORS/CSCS Card via npors.com. As an Operator you may apply directly yourself, or your employer may apply on your behalf
- Cards available are ”Trained operator” (Red) ”Competent operator” (Blue). Blue cards are available to those who hold the relevant NVQ
Please Note: In all cases Operators are required to provide proof of having passed the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch screen test within the two years prior to application for the card.
- I am an existing NPORS Operators Card Holder – No NVQ held
- For Operators who do not currently hold the required NVQ, a Red Trained Operators Card will be issued and is valid for two years. During this two year period the Operator must achieve the required NVQ applicable to the categories of plant held on their Trained Operator Card. Upon successful completion the Red Operator Card will be updated to Blue.
- I am an existing NPORS Card Holder with an NVQ
- Operators who have the required NVQ applicable to the categories of plant held on their NPORS Card, will be issued with a Blue Competent Operator Card that will be valid for five years from the date of application. You will also be issued with a CPD record/operator logbook. This book is specifically designed to help you keep an up to date record of your continuous professional development (CPD) in the workplace. You must record your operating hours on the categories of machinery for which you have been trained/tested in accordance with legislation.
- I have no formal Operator Training and wish to apply for a NPORS/CSCS Card
- New applicants to the NPORS scheme will undertake training and testing in the usual way
- The NPORS/CSCS Card can be applied for once the CITB Health, Safety & Environmental touch screen test has been successfully completed
- A Red Trained Operators Card will be issued and is valid for two years. During this two year period the Operator must achieve the required NVQ applicable to the categories of plant held on their Trained Operator Card.